Remote Desktop Connection (part of the Terminal Services that comes with Winodows XP) is not as reliable with LoadRunner as Remote Administrator.
To keep Windows Remote Desktop Connection sessions from timing out during a test, the Terminal Services on each machine should be configured as follows:
1. Click Start, point to Programs (or Control Panel), Administrative Tools and choose Terminal Services Configuration.
2. Open the Connections folder in tree by clicking it once.
3. Right-click RDP-Tcp and select Properties.
4. Click the Sessions tab.
5. Make sure "Override user settings" is checked.
6. Set Idle session limit to the maximum of 2 days instead of the default 2 hours.
7. Click Apply.
8. Click OK to confirm message "Configuration changes have been made to the system registry; however, the user session now active on the RDP-Tcp connection will not be changed."
Make sure that when you do this you're not violating one of your corporation's security policies.
Terminal Server only allows two simultaneous connections. To disconnect from a session, do not click "X" on the remote desktop window but click Start and Log Off